Below are the expected questions from Jamb’s “Sweet Sixteen”;
Please Note: Number of Questions Jamb Sets from the Novel; the number of questions set by jamb varies. In some cases, student with the same jamb subject combination are given different number of questions from jamb novel. However, the total number of questions from the novel for each candidate from the novel should not exceed 10.
- Who is the Author of the book, “Sweet Sixteen”?
(a) Bolaji Adelaji (b) Bolaji Abdullahi (c) Bolade Abdullahi (d) Jerry Agada
Answer: Bolaji Abdullahi
- How old was Aliya in the Novel? (a)16 (b) 18 (c) 17 (d) 19
- According to one expert; ‘’Comprehensive sex education doesn’t encourage kids to have sex.
(a)True (b) False
- KOTL means……
(a) Kiss On The Lips (b) Kiss On The Labs (c) Kiss On-top The Lips (d) Kiss On-top The Legs
Answer: Kiss on-top the lips
- …………. almost fainted when he heard that some students were caught on the school’s basketball court at night having ‘’Sex’. (a) Mr James (b) Aliya (c) Mr Bello (d) Bolaji
Answer: Mr. Bellow
- Good comprehensive programmes teach students that abstinence is the only surefire way to prevent pregnancy and STDs. (a) True (b) False
- Adoringly, Aliya was referred to as… (a) Journalist (b) Sex Addict (c) Beautiful Lady (d) First Lady
Answer: First Lady
- Who asked this question “what does HAK and KOTL mean?”
(a) Aliya (b) Bolaji (c) Mr Bello (d) First Lady
- Mr Bello is a ————— by Professions fro the Novel.
(a) an Accountant (b) Engineer (c) Nurse (d) Journalist
- Where were the students were caught having SeX?
(a) At the Chapel (b) Behind a Lawn Tennis Court (c) At the Basketball Court (d) In the Toilet
Answer: At the basket ball Court
- …………. is the protagonist in the Novel, Sweet Sixteen
(a) Mr Bello (b) Aliya (c) Mrs Bello (d) Mr Fayose
- From the Novel, Most Teenagers knows what Adults seems to be Hiding from them.
(a) True (b) False
- Who is the protagonist in the book sweet sixteen?
- What was the introductory statement on Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
ANS.”How time flies”
- In the department of rascality and smartness who was the gold medalist?
- To Aliya what is the meaning of being dumb?
ANS. Not being intelligent.
- What is the title of chapter one of sweet sixteen?
ANS. The letter.
- What is Aliya’s mother profession?
- What is the name of Aliya’s father?
ANS. Mr. Bello
- To Aliya being called a child is the same thing as?
- At the birth of Aliya what was he fathers profession?
- The only thing Aliya’s father thought was worth celebrating was?
ANS. Achievements not birthday.
- What name disgusted Aliya most?
ANS. You could call her chubby, plump but not fat.
- At What age did Aliya start wearing bra?
ANS. At the age of ten.
- At what age did Aliya get into secondary school?
- What was Aliyas perception about her roommate Grace?
ANS. She was a nice and generous person.
- What was the proof that Aliya was serious in her chemistry for the term?
ANS. It reflected in her continuous Assessment and she made an A at the end of the term.
- What kind of girls did Mr. Bello say boys like?
ANS. Dumb girls.
- According to sweet sixteen what is the main aim of chess game?
ANS.To capture opponents king.
- Why did Aliya not return Tokunbos teddy bear which he gave her on Valentine’s day?
ANS. She thought she won’t do that without hurting him.
- Aliya’s religion was?
ANS. Islamic religion.
- What is the title of Aliyas 16th birthday letter?
ANS. ”Letter to my daughter”
- What was Aliya’s sixteenth birthday present?
ANS. A portable digital Camera.
- What was so special about Aliya’s 16th birthday letter?
ANS. It had 16 pages and each page for each year of her life.
- What was Aliya doing when grace returned from the bathroom on Aliya 16th birthday?
ANS. Dressing her bed.
- What are the definitions Mr. Bello give as the meaning of dumb girls?
ANS. A girl who needs to live up to peoples’s expectation
- What statement does Aliya father make to end discussions during visiting days?
ANS. ”By the way do you still have your inhalers”
- What sickness was Aliya suffering from?
- What advice did Aliya’s father give to her when she asked if she could return the teddy to bobo.
ANS. “Well is a decision you have to make for yourself”.
- Mention two incidence that stopped Aliya from returning Bobo’s teddy to him?.
ANS.The duty master approaching them in their mode of discussion and secondly tokunbo travelling to Ireland.
- What is Bobo’s real name ?
- She felt she could be charged for the number of words she spoke who is this?
- What surprised Aliya about her 16th birthday letter?
ANS. She thought her dad copied Maya Angelou work with the title “letter to my daughter”, but was surprised to see her dad copied only the title and wrote the letter in his words.
- Apart from Public relations job another occupation considered by Aliya’s mother for her father is?
ANS. Stand up Comedy.
- Who is the king of boys according to the novel?
- What did Aliya’s friends tell her about having male siblings?
ANS.They are annoying.
- What was the name of Aliya’s mathematics teacher?
ANS. Miss. Salako.
- “Must you always be a jerk, she asked menacingly” who was this statement referring to and why?
ANS. To Akin because he pronounced menstruation as mensurationn which made the whole class burst into laughter.
- What was people’s perception about Grace?
ANS. People thought she was a snob because she did not like talking.
- Aliya’s birthday gift while in school was mostly given to her by?
ANS. The principal.
- What was written on the teddy bears heart shaped embossement given to Aliya by Tokunbo?
ANS. I love you.
- To perform well in the terminal examination what was Aliya’s plan?
ANS.To improve her question answering speed by taking off five minutes allowed to each question.
- What was the title of Aliya’s 12th birthday letter.
ANS .Happy birthday my first lady, remember only God is greater than you.
- At primary school,Aliya’s father was working with a?
ANS.Public Relations Agency.